Jay Y Soodek
Senior Systems Engineer – Manager of HCSCT
Jay's 1st career was that of a classical musician. Trained at the Juilliard School, he somehow wound up working in the banking field. There he was part of the rollout team for Apple products. When he left banking in the early '90s, he became the Systems Director for a marketing company in Westport, CT. While there he hired the HCS Technology Group to help implement a FileMaker and an Email solution. Under the guidance of HCS’s founder, Harvey Cohen, Jay was encouraged to branch out. For 15 years Jay has been operating HCS’s Connecticut division. Jay specializes in customer service and communication. Whether it is a home user or a corporate client, Jay makes sure the client’s needs are fulfilled. Jay is dedicated to providing an exceptional experience. When implementing solutions for a client, Jay stresses the importance of data backup. All depending on the project, Jay will recommend tape, hard drive and/or cloud-based solutions. Often using more than one option. All too frequently we will get a referral for a potential client who has a crashed system and no back up. Having a backup solution from the start can alleviate the heartbreak of lost pictures or the stress of lost revenue.
Professional Experience - Highlighted Projects Include:
- PepsiCo: Developed upgraded Final Cut Pro media station. Consisting of high-end multi-monitored Macro. Multiple RAID systems and DLT4 backup.
- Building Conservation Associates: Reconfigured business using new servers, workstations, DLT4 backup.
- TeedCo: Created a new company environment using OSX servers, FileMaker Pro Server and integrated VIOP systems.
- Apple Certified Support Professional 10.5, 10.6, 10.7
- Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.3
- Certified Apple HelpDesk Specialist 10.3, 10.4
- Completed Apple MTC Course
Apple Consultants Network
- The Julliard School, New York, NY 1987
- Manhattanville College, Purchase, NY 1984
Download the PDF from here.