The target audiences for this course are:
- IT professionals who are responsible for deploying and managing iOS devices
- Technical sales professionals who assist customers in the purchase decision of iOS devices
- Define the role of MDM, VPP, and DEP in the successful deployment of iOS devices
- Identify and respond to challenges when deploying and managing devices without MDM
- Explain what an Apple ID is and identify when it’s needed
- Discuss how security is relevant in the context of a given deployment scenario
- Design and implement a deployment solution for a given scenario
- Configure DEP registered devices for over the air enrollment
- Configure and manage settings, apps, and content on user-owned and company-owned devices
Manual configuration: This lesson explores the challenges and inconsistencies when manually configuring multiple devices.
Configuration profiles: Apple Configurator is used to view and edit a configuration profile. Students learn how profiles ensure consistency across multiple devices.
Manage settings: This lesson introduces the iOS MDM protocol and explores how an MDM solution is used to configure and manage devices over-the-air with consistency and accountability.
Apps and content: This lesson introduces and defines VPP. Students assign apps and content to their user and then configure and test Managed "open in" functionality.
Company-owned (personalized): Students configure settings to enable over-the-air enrollment and supervision while learning how these devices can still be personalized by the user.
Company-owned (shared): Students configure and test shared device scenarios. Apps and content are distributed to the devices but users are not able to personalize their device.
Scenario workshop: Students are given real world deployment scenarios. Working in teams, they design a deployment that meets their scenario’s needs and present their solution to the class.
Interested in more iOS training? Please take a look at Managing Apple Devices 3.0
Download the PDF here.