Who Should Attend
- Technology professionals working for organizations of any size that want to build a solid foundation for managing Apple devices, even when using non-Apple management tools.
- Seasoned administrators looking to update their methodologies with new best practices.
- Power users looking to expand their understanding of Apple deployment technologies.
What You’ll Learn
- Knowledge of how the latest Apple deployment technologies work.
- How to use specific deployment tools.
- Deployment procedures and best practices.
- How to plan an effective deployment using Apple devices.
- iOS and OS X platform knowledge and basic navigation skills.
Part 1: Apple Management Concepts
• Understanding Apple’s Goals
• Device Management and Supervision
• Apple ID Considerations
• iCloud in Managed Environments
• Apple Deployment Programs
• Deployment Scenarios
• Network Considerations
• Security Considerations
• Physical Logistics
• Support Options
Part 2: OS X Server for El Capitan
• OS X Server Benefits
• TLS/SSL Certificates
• Caching Service Architecture
• Caching Service Setup
• Caching Service Troubleshooting
Part 3: Mobile Device Management
• Understanding Profiles
• Creating Profiles via Profile Manager
• Manually Installing Profiles
• Mobile Device Management Architecture
• Profile Manager Device Management
• User-Initiated Enrollment
• Profile Manager Inventory and Organization
• Profile Manager Administrative Tasks
• Automatically Pushing Profiles
Part 4: Out-of-the-Box Management via Apple Programs for Device Enrollment
• Device Enrollment Program Introduction
• Integrate DEP with Profile Manager
• Configure DEP Assignments in Profile Manager
• Activation Lock Introduction
• Manage Activation Lock
Part 5: Managed Apps and Books
• Volume Purchase Program Essentials
• VPP Service Enrollment and Administration
• Integrate the VPP with Profile Manager
• Purchasing VPP Apps and Books
• VPP Managed Distribution Assignments
• VPP Managed Distribution User Enrollment
• Installing VPP Managed Distribution Apps and Books Assigned via Apple ID
• Deploying In-House Apps and Books
• Manage In-House Apps and Books via Profile Manager
Part 6: Apple Configurator 2
• Apple Configurator 2 Planning
• Apple Configurator 2 Installation and Setup
• Use Configuration Profiles
• Prepare iOS Devices
• Create and Use Blueprints
• Organize devices
• Back up and Restore devices
• Automate device management
• Considerations for Managing Apps with Apple Configurator 2
• Manage apps and documents via Apple Configurator 2
• Install Apps via Apple Configurator 2
• Update Apps Deployed via Apple Configurator 2
• Single App Mode
Part 7: User Data and Services
• User Content Considerations
• Managing Access
• Managed Open In
• Limit Access to Content and Services
Part 8: Develop a Management Plan
• Defining Requirements
• Consider Third-Party Solutions
You can download the PDF from here.
See the training schedule here.