Senior Systems Engineer for Mac and iOS/iPadOS in Delaware State University
To be considered for this job, it is imperative to have a full understanding of macOS, iOS/iPadOS, associated MDMs, and experience with the business environments they operate in.
About Us and the Job
HCS Technology Group is an established IT-Managed Service Provider that was founded in 1982 and a member of the Apple Consultants Network. We work with companies ranging from small businesses to enterprise corporations as well as public and private institutions, this includes K-12 and higher education. We like to build efficiency through automation with technology. Part of our overall goal is to build efficiency through technology automation and we invest in implementing the tools that make our services stand apart.
We are looking for a hands-on, technical person for our growing team. In this role, you’ll be responsible for providing excellent customer service and serve as a resource to resolve all client-related technical issues. You will also be responsible for interacting with other departments and stakeholders within the company to resolve client requests including subject matter engineers and leadership. Most importantly, you will be tasked with implementing processes and procedures to help scale the team into the future.
Every engagement can be different and so is every client. We are an IT consulting firm whose sole focus has to be on supporting our clients and their employees. Your job is to do so professionally while providing a value-add in all of your engagements. Through your experience, ongoing research, professional development, and collaboration with the team and broader community, you must be able to either provide concrete solutions and pathways to achieve that or understand where to acquire this knowledge, synthesize it and present it back to the client in a coherent way.
Applicants must have skills including but not limited to:
- Offer guidance and assist with the establishment of standards and guidelines for the implementation of technology solutions using the Apple ecosystem and Apple devices.
- Exceptional communication skills
- Participate in regularly scheduled Customer meetings and/or conference calls to review technical issues, and provide status updates on current initiatives and outstanding escalations
- Assist with troubleshooting of Customer networks and connections utilized by Apple devices
- Assist with troubleshooting of non-Apple peripherals and software integrated with Apple devices
- Coach and mentor Customers on Apple devices, macOS, iOS, iPadOS, and tvOS management, provisioning, and deployment strategies, MDM best practices, content caching, and software package creation using Apple recommended practices
- Assess, troubleshoot, and review customer’s Wi-Fi infrastructure
- Provide deployment guidance on Apple School Manager (ASM), MDM solution(s), and Apps and Books. Customer assumes ownership of ASM, MDM solution(s), and Apps and Books. Project - Engineer will only provide deployment guidance based on current Apple recommended practices
- Experience with multiple MDM vendors used in K12 organizations
- Verification of configuring, managing, migrating, maintenance, support, or service of Customer’s mobile device management (MDM) solution
- Experience with the macOS command line interface and scripting
- Configuration, troubleshooting, or management of Customer’s Student Information System (SIS)
- Verification of Customer’s Apple School Manager or device deployment tools
- Verification of Managed Apple IDs
- Verification of SIS data sync
- Exceptional documentation skills for internal facing and customer-facing documents
Please note that you must be able to cover our regular business hours from Monday to Friday, 9 am – 6 pm.
Job Location: Delaware State University