Apple Deployment and Management Essentials
Duration: 2 Days
Who should attend
- Technical sales professionals who assist customers in their decision to purchase Apple devices
- IT professionals who are responsible for deploying and managing Apple devices
What you'll learn
- Define the role of Mobile Device Management (MDM)and Apple Business Manager in the successful deployment of Apple devices
- Identify and respond to challenges when deploying and managing devices without MDM
- Explain what an Apple ID is and identify when it’s needed
- Discuss how security is relevant in the context of a given deployment scenario
- Design and implement a deployment solution for a given scenario
- Configure and manage settings, apps, and content on user-owned and company-owned devices
- iOS familiarity
- Basic iOS device navigation skills
- macOS familiarity
- Basic macOS navigation skills
This lesson explores the challenges and inconsistencies when manually configuring multiple devices.
This lesson introduces the Apple MDM protocol and explores how an MDM solution is used to configure and manage devices with consistency and accountability.
This lesson introduces and defines Apple Business Manager. Students configure settings to enable over-the-air enrollment and supervision, and learn how users can personalize company-owned devices.
Students learn about the security technologies that protect the system, apps, and data on Apple devices. Students configure restrictions on their devices and test managed “open in” functionality.
Deploy shared devices
Students configure and test shared device scenarios. Apps and content are distributed to the devices but users can’t personalize their device.
Students view, edit and sign a custom configuration profile, and learn how profiles ensure consistency across multiple devices.
Design a scenario
Students are given real-world deployment scenarios. Working in teams, they design a deployment that meets their scenario’s needs and then present their solution to the class.